David Anointed As King
I Samuel 16-30
1. Whom did Samuel anoint in Saul’s place?
David, who was of the tribe of Judah.
2. What did David do when he was a boy?
He cared for his father’s sheep.
3. Was God with David even then?
Yes, God saved him from a lion and a bear.
4. Who mocked the army of Israel?
The giant Goliath.
5. What did David do to Goliath?
He killed him with a slingshot.
6. Was Saul pleased that David killed Goliath?
No, he was jealous of David.
7. Why was he so jealous of David?
He knew that God would make David king.
8. How did Saul try to kill David?
He followed after him with his army.
9. Where did David hide?
He hid in the caves of the mountains.
10. Did Saul ever harm David?
No, for God always took care of him.
“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.” Psalm 23:4