Joash, King of Judah
II Chronicles 22-24
1. Who was Athaliah?
A daughter of wicked king Ahab.
2. How did Athaliah become queen?
She killed her own grandchildren.
3. Was Athaliah able to kill all of them?
No, the baby Joash was hid in the temple.
4. When was Joash made king?
When he was seven years old.
5. Who helped to make Joash king?
Jehoiada, the God-fearing priest.
6. What happened to Athaliah?
She was killed.
7. Did Joash do what was right?
Yes, as long as Jehoiada lived.
8. What good deed did Joash do?
He repaired the temple.
9. What did Joash do after the priest died?
He served idols.
10. What other sin did Joash commit?
He killed Jehoiada’s son, who was a prophet.
“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalm 91:1