Jehu, King of Israel
II Kings 9, 10
1. Whom did Elisha anoint as king of Israel?
Jehu, the captain of the army.
2. Did Elisha go to anoint Jehu?
No, he sent a young prophet.
3. What was Jehu commanded to do?
To kill the whole family of Ahab.
4. Why did God command him to do this?
Because Ahab’s family was very wicked.
5. Whom did Jehu kill first?
The king of Israel and the king of Judah.
6. Did Jehu also kill Jezebel?
Yes, he told the servants to throw her out of a window.
7. Was Ahab’s whole family killed?
Yes, his 70 sons were beheaded.
8. How did Jehu pretend to serve God?
He killed all those who served Baal.
9. Did Jehu really serve God?
No, he made Israel serve idols again.
“The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord.” Proverbs 15:8