1. How long did the Midianites rule over Israel?
For seven years.
2. How did they trouble Israel?
They stole their crops.
3. What did the Lord tell Gideon to do?
To break down the altar of Baal, and make a sacrifice to God.
4. How did Gideon begin to deliver Israel?
He sent for a large army to fight the Midianites.
5. Did God want Gideon to have a large army?
No, because God wanted to teach Israel that He would give them the victory.
6. How many men did Gideon finally have left?
Only 300 men.
7. How did Gideon’s army prepare to fight against the enemy?
Each had a trumpet, and a lamp inside a pitcher.
8. What did Gideon’s men do with the trumpets and pitchers?
They blew the trumpets and broke the pitchers.
9. What did Gideon’s men shout as they went into battle?
“The sword of the Lord and of Gideon.”
10. What happened to the Midianites?
They were driven out of the land.
“Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered.” Psalm 68:1