Israel in the Wilderness (cont.)
1. How did God punish Israel for wanting to go back to Egypt?
God made them wander for 40 years.
2. How were Korah, Dathan, and Abiram punished?
The earth opened and swallowed them up.
3. What happened when Israel was tired of manna?
God sent fiery serpents which killed many of them.
4. How was Israel saved from the fiery serpents?
They looked at the brazen serpent which Moses lifted up.
5. Who tried to destroy Israel?
Balak, the king of Moab.
6. How did Balak try to destroy Israel?
He asked the wicked prophet Balaam to curse Israel.
7. Did Balaam curse Israel?
No, God made Balaam bless Israel.
8. Which kings did Israel destroy?
The giant, Og, king of Bashan, and Sihon, king of the Amorites.
9. Did Moses lead Israel into Canaan?
No, Moses died on Mount Nebo.
10. Why might Moses not enter Canaan?
Because in anger he hit the rock.
“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up.” John 3:14