Genesis 37, 39
1. Which son did Jacob love the most?
Joseph, the son of Rachel.
2. How did Jacob show his love for Joseph?
He gave him a beautiful coat.
3. Why did Jacob show special favor to Joseph?
He wanted him to have the birthright blessing.
4. How did the brothers feel about this?
They were jealous of Joseph and hated him.
5. What made them hate Joseph still more?
Because he dreamed that his brothers bowed down to him.
6. What did the brothers do to Joseph?
They sold him as a slave into Egypt.
7. What lie did the brothers tell Jacob when they came home?
They pretended that a wild beast had eaten Joseph.
8. What happened to Joseph in Egypt?
He was Potiphar’s chief servant.
9. What did Potiphar do to Joseph?
He put Joseph in prison.
10. Had Joseph done any wrong?
No, Potiphar’s wife lied about him.
“The arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob.” Genesis 49:24